TB-L Archives

May 2012

From:
"Flinton, Pamela" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2012 10:55:27 -0400
Hi all,

I sincerely hope that what I am about to ask is appropriate for this listserv and I apologize, in advance, to anyone that may think it is not.

How's that for an attention getter?  I am presenting at the Technologies in Education Conference at St. Rose later this month with my colleague Alvin Dantes on the topic of citation management tools.  We are hoping to get a lively discussion going about the good, the bad and the ugly concerning the general use and instruction of citation management tools. To that end, we have developed a very brief, very informal survey that we are requesting the members of this listserv take.  It is only 5 questions.  We have asked similar questions in some of the information literacy courses we taught.  Both of these survey instruments were submitted to the IRB and approved.  There is no identifying information collected and only summaries of the data will be provided to the session attendees.

Here is the link for those willing, and having the time, to complete the survey -

https://aristotle.oneonta.edu/SelectSurvey/TakeSurvey.aspx?SurveyID=n22098m

I know it is approaching the end of the semester and you are all extremely busy, so I hope you can take the time to help us make this a more interesting session.  If you have any interest in this topic yourself, please feel free to approach either of us for further discussion.

Thank you!

Pamela Flinton
Head of Access Services
James M. Milne Library, 111C
SUNY College at Oneonta
Oneonta, NY 13820
607-436-2998
[cid:image003.jpg@01CD291B.3FF3A3C0]
-- A library is not a luxury but one of the necessities of life. Henry Ward Beecher