TB-L Archives

September 2009

From:
"Terry L. Helser" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Sep 2009 12:58:52 -0400
Alarmist and focused on one part of the educational enterprise. The authors
are probably correct that IT will invade and compete with institutions to
some degree, but going to college is much more than taking courses for
credit and earning a degree. You canšt get the transition from a safe or
stifling home environment to the adult world while AT home on a computer.
Just like teenagers outgrow the implanted cell phone and ear buds when they
realize they need to interact with real people to become a mature citizen
(at least I hope they will.), I expect institutions to remain, though
providing a mixture of classroom and virtual educational experiences.
But I could be wrong. Prediction is hard, especially about the future.
Cheers!
Terry